Locke and Witte Logo
Questions? Contact Us

(260) 424-1333


Arrest Records


Beginning July 1, 2011, a person charged with a crime may petition a court to restrict disclosure of arrest records related to the arrest if the person:  (1) is not prosecuted or if charges against the person are dismissed; (2) is acquitted of all criminal charges; or (3) is convicted of the crime and the conviction is subsequently vacated.  Also, eight years after the date a person completes a sentence and satisfies any other obligations imposed on the person as part of the sentence, the person may petition the sentencing court to restrict access to the person’s arrest and criminal records.

Comments are closed.